On the Matter of Doctor Who__I Don't Care?

Doctor Who, Tardis, BBC, Science Fiction, TV

In case you haven't heard already, The Doctor, is a woman now. I am either supposed to be overjoyed by this news, or outraged and snarling over it.

The truth is, I don't care. I'm mostly writing this post to break up posting about Transformers toys. But more to the point, I checked out of the Tardis a long time ago.

Why?

I got tired of waiting for the 'big reveal'. Yes really, with each new incarnation of the Doctor, the writing seemed to be premised on some giant revolutionary reveal about the nature of the Doctor, which has yet to, and never will be paid off.

It was all sorts of pretentious. 

Now that he, she... Whatever, is a Mary Sue, this will probably go no where, even faster. And I just can't be bothered with devoting time to watching the Time Lord anymore. Truth is, I haven't in awhile now and do not feel the loss.

But will this go over like the 'Female Thor'? Which is to say, horribly. I don't know. Doctor Who is different from Thor and the show lends itself better to its Social Justice crusade.

But in any case. Yawn...

Comments