Pronoun

Pronoun, Indie Publishing, Self-Pub, DiY

There are many platforms out there, to publish from. Direct on Amazon Kindle, Smashwords, Lulu,com, and one of my favorites, Draft2Digital - Which if it were still affiliated with Amazon Kindle would make it my default platform.

Oh, and of course, Google Play... Where publishing a book, is deceptively complex. Odd how search engine giants, make it almost too straightforward a process...

But um, so Vook, became Pronoun. I've been holding off trying it out, but I found I wanted to publish Stars, Only Visible in Darkness on Amazon and make sure it would be free. There were a handful of ways I could go about doing this.

Trick Amazon into making it free... Which is a whole lot of work.

Use Lulu.com, but that also has proven to be a pain in the neck, as I can't only send it to Amazon that way and I already have it up at places like Google Play and if I did that there would be publishing conflicts.

I've had a Pronoun membership, since before it became Pronoun, and had yet to use it. It was super easy to publish with. Now I find myself debating if I should pull my books from other platforms and just publish via Pronoun.

Yes it was that easy. And there's something to be said, for publishing once. via a central hub rather then using two, or three outlets.

And here's the sleek Author Page they let you build.

Edit: I have added a 'Pronoun Gateway', as I think this will prove a less stressful publishing experience, overall. 




FYI: This is not a 'Writing Blog' I will not typically be talking about the nuts and bolts of publishing, or writing. No one, not even other authors, if they are honest, want to hear about that stuff.

Comments

Post a Comment